I really like this book and I have to admit that Felicity is my favorite (don't tell the others!) [img]wink.gif[/img]
You came up with some good questions Felicity+Addyfan. Here are my thoughts:
1. Have you ever been in situation like Felicity's? Do you think what she did was morally right despite the fact that it conflicted with the laws of 1774? What other actions might of Felicty taken? Do you think Felicty is a good role model in this book?
I've never been in a situation like Felicity's but I think what she did was ok. She was trying to help Penny. I think that the way Jiggy treated Penny was morally wrong. I think Felicity is a good role model because she is kind and compassionate.
2. Do you think Felicity would have had as much empathy for Penny and try to help the situation if she were not a horse-lover?
I do think she would have wanted to help Penny even if she wasn't a horse-lover. I think she cares about animals in general and would be upset if she heard any animal was being mistreated.
4. Do you think Felicty might differ if she were a middle child? A youngest child? An only child? Do you think Felicity's being eldest child is relevant to the story? Do you think it effects her personality?
I didn't really even pay attention to the fact that she was the oldest so I didn't see it as that relevant to her personality.
5. Do you think Felicty has matured a bit in this book? Why or why not?
Yes, I think she has matured; she has learned lessons about patience, independence, and trust. I think her relationship with Ben shows her maturity too.
